Friday, June 19, 2009

A Toast to the Atari

The other day I received an email from my aunt about being over the age of 30. Even though, I'm not quite the ripe old age of 30, I can totally relate. I'm not sure where the email originated from so I'm unable to give credit where credit is due but here's what it said:

"When we were young, we didn't have fancy video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600, with games like 'Space Invaders' and 'Asteroids'. Your guy was a little square and you actually had to use your imagination!! There were not multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen forever! And, you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!"

Here's to growing up in the Atari-age, and to life getting harder and harder and faster and faster until we die. Cheers!

2 comments: