Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Seatlle Part 1

The Ferry area in Bremerton has changed quite a bit since the last time I went. They have done some amazing things with the area and it sounds like there is more to come.

If you look closely, you can see that there are some etchings in the large propeller.





For some reason, I decided that I liked the Bird's Eye View of this photo.



It had already been a long day so we spent most of the 60-minute Ferry ride into Seattle asleep on one of the large benches. I woke up in time to get a picture of the city as we drew closer to it. Unfortunately, by the time we got to the city some of the main attractions (i.e. Pike's Place) were already closed.



But, I was still able to do what I wanted to do most...get some fresh clam chowder. While it is no secret it may still be a little-known fact that I have a strong affinity for clam chowder...and, the Pacific Northwest does it best. Each restaurant has its own variation of the delectable dish and each one seems to be just as good as the next. Ivar's was no exception. They have various locations but the one that I went to was at the Ferry Harbor/Pier in Seattle.



After eating our soup on the pier we took the leftover french fries outside to the hungry seagulls anxiously awaiting to be fed. Seagulls will allow you to get pretty close when there's a chance that you're bringing them food. I'll be the first to admit that I actually like pictures of seagulls but in this particular picture I like the blurred out boat in the background just a little bit more.



If you've never been to Seattle GO, if you have been GO BACK! I love that place.

1 comment:

  1. So I've never been to the PNW, but it is at the very top of my list of vacation destinations. Your pictures make me want to go even more! After completing my second textbook on Washington State, I'm dying to go there. Sometimes when I need a break at work, I just flip through my Washington books and pretend I'm there.
    You are so talented. These are really beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete